Friday, June 8, 2012

Under the Awning






                Our son is a typical preteen. He likes to throw rocks and hit things with sticks and old baseball bats and whatever else he can find. At  home he acts like he’s skipping rocks on water, but he does it across the yard. When my lawnmower hits them, it’s not a pretty sight! I have gotten onto him a million times about it and even made him spend a good bit of time picking up rocks in the yard and putting them back in the driveway. Regardless, he never seems to listen.
                Now that we’ve been in the camper a while, I saw something the other day that warmed my heart and let me know that we’re doing right. My son was standing on the edge of the road with a stick in his hang, swinging it like a bat. I was leaned up against a rail in front of the camper, facing at an angle away from him, but could still see him out of the corner of my eye. I noticed he bent down, picked up a rock, and was looking like he was about to throw it in the air and hit it with a stick. Suddenly he stopped and glanced over at me (he didn’t know I could see him). He dropped the rock, tossed the stick down, walked over to me, and asked me if I wanted to do something with him. “Wow!” was all I could think. I couldn’t say anything; I didn’t want him to know I saw it. But if we would have been at home, he would have probably hit that rock, and it would have ended up God knows where. It warms my heart to know that, in the time we’ve been camping, my son has grown to stop and think. 
Thank God for our Jayco 31 x 8…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you a happy camper? Tell us about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

If you enjoyed this post, please take 5 seconds to share it! Thanks!